LICET offers 5 branches (ME, ECE, EEE, CSE & IT) of engineering with the intake of 120 students in ME and 60 students in all the other departments. Total intake is 360 students. LICET is a Christian minority institution (Since July2011) and 50% of the admission is through the single window counseling of Anna University. The remaining 50% (180 seats), called the management quota, will be decided by the Admission Core Committee. Students who have completed the +2 examinations under various boards such as State, CBSE, etc. are eligible to apply. Every admission is done as per the procedure laid down by the consortium of self-financing colleges. Consortium application forms can be obtained either in person from the college office. The candidates are required to satisfy themselves in respect of eligibility before registering their application.
A. I YEAR ADMISSION
• 50% of the admission is through the single window counseling of Anna University.
• Norms and procedures laid down by the consortium of self-financing colleges are scrupulously followed during admission.
– LICET follows the engineering cut-off as per the Anna University Counseling, as the basis for ranking the +2 marks. Mathematics out of 100; Physics out of 50; Chemistry out of 50. Total Cut-off out of 200.
– LICET is not, at present, eligible to admit NRI applicants.
– There is no Common Entrance Test in TN.
– Nativity certificate from Tamilnadu is not required for those who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI, & XII in Tamilnadu, but it is a must for those who studied in schools situated outside Tamilnadu.
B. II YEAR ADMISSION (LATERAL ENTRY)
o Total number of seats is 72 ( 6 seats in each section)
o 50%, i.e. 36 seats will be admitted through DOTE Counseling.
o For the rest 36 seats on management quota, the last two semester marks of polytechnic will be taken into account to get percentage.