Dr S. Sengole Merlin is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engi-neering at Loyola ICAM College of Engineering and Technology. She received the BE degree and ME Degree (first-class honors with University rank) in Computer Science and Engineering from Anna University in 2004 and 2011 respectively. Her research interests include Cloud security, Mobile Cloud Services, Cryptography and Network Security. She comes with a blend of Industry and academic experience and has a total experience of 13 Years.
- Ph.D, Anna University, March 2019.
- ME in Computer Science and Engineering, St Joseph’s College of Engineering, Anna University, 2011
- BE in Computer Science and Engineering, Bharathidasan University, 2004.
- Cloud Security
- Mobile Computing
- Cryptography and Network Security
- Associate Professor at Loyola-ICAM Engineering College of Engineering and Technology since June 2019
- Assistant Professor at Loyola-ICAM Engineering College of Engineering and Technology from July 2011 till May 2019
- Lecturer at T.J College of Engineering from June 2008 till April 2009
- Worked as Database Administrator at Bridge Services, London from July 2006 till March 2008
- Lecturer at SASTRA University from Dec 2004 till April 2006
FDP/ Seminars/ Workshops
- FDP on Software Engineering at MIT from 16th -21st Dec 2019
- Workshop on “STTP on NBA Accreditation” (ICT project of NITTTR, Kolkata) from 22nd – 26th April 2019
- Workshop on “STTP on Problem Based Learning (ICT project of NITTTR, Kolkata)” from 11th – 15th Feb 2019
- Awareness on OBE and SAR preparation at LICET on 23rd August 2018
- Seminar on” Deep Learning in Computer Vision” at LICET on 9th January 2018
- One day Workshop on Learning and Engaging Actively through Facilitation on 6th November 2017
- Workshop on Pedagogy for Online and Blended Teaching-Learning Process from 14th September – 16th November 2017
- Workshop on Foundation Program in ICT for Education from 03rd August to 13th Sepetember 2017
- Workshop on Android Developer Fundamentals from 21st Novemeber to 25th November 2016
- Workshop on Cloud computing Technology and Tools from 11th September 2015 to 13th Septemeber 2015 at MIT
- Two Week ISTE Workshop on Introduction to Design and Analysis of Algorithms (T10KT project of IIT Kharagpur) from 25th May – 30th June 2015
- Two Week ISTE Workshop on Cyber Security (T10KT project of IIT Bombay) from 10th – 20th July 2014
- Two Week ISTE Workshop on Computer Networking (T10KT project of
IIT Bombay)from 30th June – 5th July 2014
- Two Week ISTE Workshop on Computer Programming (T10KT project of
IIT Bombay) from 16th June – 21st June 2014
- Faculty Development Program on “Principles of Compiler Design – CS2352” funded by Centre for Faculty Development, Anna University from 9th – 16th December 2013
Research & Publications
- “Automated Intelligent Systems for Secure Live Migration”, Ms S Sengole Merlin, Nisha Maria Arunkumar, Angela Miriam A, 2nd International Conference on Inventive Communication and Computational Technologies, 20-21 April 2018.
- “Towards mobile cloud authentication and gait based security using time warping technique”, Ms S Sengole Merlin, Cluster Computing, The Journal of Networks, Software Tools and Applications, Cluster Computing DOI 10.1007/s10586-017-1136-5, ISSN 1386-7857, September 2017
- “A Novel Framework for User Authentication and Data Security in Mobile Cloud Using Gait”, Ms S Sengole Merlin, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 24 (12): 3755-3762, 2016, ISSN 1990-9233, DOI: 10.5829/idosi.mejsr.2016.3755.3762.
- “Risk Management in Cloud: A Systematic Approach and Analysis”, Ms S Sengole Merlin, International Journal of Printing, Packaging & Allied Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 6, December 2016 ISSN: ISSN 2320-4387.
- “An Efficient Medical Image diagnosis System using Soft Computing Techniques”, Ms S Sengole Merlin, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology (JATIT), (Feb-ruary 2012) Vol. 36, pp. 190-198.