Sharmila V J, Assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Loyola ICAM College of Engineering and Technology. Earlier worked as Lecturer in the Depart-ment of Information Technology at Jaya Engineering College, Chennai and Dr Sivanthi Aditanar College of Engineering, Tiruchendur, Tamil Nadu, India. Received Master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India in 2008. Area of spe-cialization includes Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- PhD. – Pursuing, Anna University, since January 2016.
- M.E in Computer Science and Engineering, Dr Sivanthi Aditanar College of Engineering, Anna University, 2008
- B.E in Computer Science and Engineering, Francis Xavier Engineering College, Anna University, 2006.
- Big Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Assistant Professor at Loyola-ICAM Engineering College and Technology since July 2011.
- Lecturer at Jaya Engineering College (June 2009 – April 2011).
- Lecturer at Dr Sivathi Aditanar College of Engineering (June 2006 – April 2009).
FDP/ Seminars/ Workshops
- Arise ToT MasterCoach faculty development programme at Loyola-ICAM College of Engineering and Technology from 14th -17th Oct 2019.
- Five days Seminar on Deep Learning Techniques in Health Care Applications at Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi from 13/05/2019 to 17/05/2019.
- STTP on NBA Accreditation (ICT Project of NITTTR, Kolkata) at LICET from 22/04/2019 to 26/04/2019.
- Workshop on Machine Learning using Tensorflow with Keras at St Joseph Institute of Technology, from 22/11/2018 to 23/11/2018.
- Awareness on OBE and SAR preparation at LICET on 23/08/2018.
- FDP on Deep Learning, NPTEL from July 2018 to Oct 2018.
- Seminar on Deep Learning in Computer Vision at LICET on 09/01/2018.
- Weekend Training Programme Saptahaant Shikshak Prashikshan (SSP) on Introduction to Machine Learning at LICET from 16/12/2017 to 17/12/2017.
- Workshop on Prediction Techniques and Machine Learning in Data Analytics at LICET from 07/12/2017 to 08/12/2017.
- Learning and Engaging Actively through Facilitation at LICET on 06/11/2017.
- Deep Learning for Computer Vision at Loyola College on 02/09/2017 and 03/09/2017.
- Recent Trends in Data Science at RMK Group of Institutions on 23/6/2017 and 24/6/2017.
- GA and Biologically Inspired Algorithms for Optimization Techniques using Matlab organised by SCS-India on 22/10/2016 and 23/10/2016.
- Big Data Analytics with Real World Use Cases organised by CDAC from 24/08/2016 to 26/08/2016.
- Engineering Response to Climate Change at LICET on 15/01/2016 and 16/01/2016.
Awards & Achievement
- Completed NPTEL Online course on “Deep Learning”.
Research & Publications
- Ms Sharmila V J, R Harish and P Nikshan, “BRAINWAVE TYPING” , National Conference on Networking, Imaging and Green Computing (AGNICON’ 2017).
- V J Sharmila, D Jemi Florinabel and S Ebenezer Juliet, “Connected Component based Text Extraction from Compound Images for Real-Time Transmission”, National Conference on Communication Technologies, conducted at MEPCO Sivakasi during March 14th &15th 2008.
- V J Sharmila, D Jemi Florinabel and S Ebenezer Juliet, “DWT based Segmentation and Compound Image Compression for real time image transmission”, National Conference on Emerging Technologies in Electrical and Electronics Systems, conducted at Noorul Islam College of Engineering Thuckalay during March 8th 2008.
- V J Sharmila, D Jemi Florinabel and S Ebenezer Juliet, “Neural network based Compound Image compression for real time image transmission”, National Conference on ENIAC ‘08, conducted at National Engineering College, Kovilpatti during February 29th & March 1st 2008.
- V J Sharmila, D Jemi Florinabel and S Ebenezer Juliet, “Neural network based text and picture extraction from Compound Images for real time screen image transmission”, National Conference conducted at SCAD College of Engineering & Technology, Cheranmahadevi during February 15th 2008.
- V J Sharmila, D Jemi Florinabel and S Ebenezer Juliet, “Segmentation of Text & Non-Text from Compound Images for real time transmission using neural network”, National Conference on Information technology conducted at Kalasalingam University, Krishnankoil during February 8th & 9th 2008.
- V J Sharmila and S Ebenezer Juliet, “Multilevel Compound Image Compression for real time image transmission”, National Conference on Advanced Computing and Applications conducted at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore during January 4th & 5th 2008.