Sathia Priya. R is an Assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Loyola ICAM College of Engineering and Technology. Formerly she had worked in Institutions like RMK Engineering College and Hindustan University and has taught various courses for B.E., M.E., M.C.A and M.Phil. degree programmes. She is currently serving as the Academic Coordinator of the ICAM Student Exchange Programme. She has post-graduate degree in Systems Engineering from Col-lege of Engineering, Guindy, and is currently pursing PhD in Anna University. She is the recipient of Prof. T.R. Natesan Endowment Award and Silver medal for secured second position in M.E. Her re-search interest includes Big data frameworks and Machine Learning.
- Ph.D – Pursuing at Anna University
- M.E in Systems Engineering and Operations Research, College of Engineer-ing, Guindy, Anna University
- Systems Engineering
- Data Mining
- Assistant Professor at Loyola-ICAM Engineering College and Technology since July 2011.
- Assistant Professor (Selection Grade) at Hindustan University (August 2010 – April 2011).
- Senior Lecturer at RMK Engineering College (May 2001 – May 2010)
- Lecturer at Sriram Engineering College (June 2000 – April 2001)
FDP/ Seminars/ Workshops
- Presented a seminar titled, Enhancing Reliability in Big Data Frameworks in Nov 2018 at RCC, College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai.
- Gave an Invited talk on Data mining in Fr. Racine International Congress on Mathematics & Computer Science, Loyola College, July 2012.
- Participated in Two day workshop on Prediction Analytics and Machine Learning in Data Analytics conducted by LICET in association with Lennox India Technology Center, Chennai, Dec 2017.
- Hands on workshop in Python conducted by Velammal Engineering College, Chennai, Aug 2017.
- National level Workshop on Optimization and Simulation in Research, Mar 2017, organized by the Department of Industrial Engineering, College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai.
- A 10-days Training Programme on Big Data Analytics conducted by Sathyabama University and Department of Science and Technology (DST) from 27/4/’16 to 7/5/’16.
- Seminar on Deep Learning in Computer Vision, LICET, Jan 2018
- Hands-on Training Programme on Machine Learning Basics using Python conducted by MIT, Anna University, Sept 2018.
- Faculty Development Program on Service Oriented Architecture conducted by the Department of Information Technology, LICET, sponsored by Anna University, June 2013
- Faculty Development Program on Compiler Design conducted by the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, LICET, sponsored by Anna University, Dec 2013
- A 10-day Workshop on Database Management Systems conducted by IIT Bombay, through NMEICT program in LICET, May 2013
- ISO Certification Training, LICET, Oct 2013
- Workshop on Computer Networks conducted by IIT Bombay, through NMEICT program in LICET
- Workshop on Computer Programming conducted by IIT Bombay, through NMEICT program in LICET
- Workshop on Social Network Analysis & Mining conducted by the Department of Information Science & Technology, CEG, Anna University, March 2012.
- Workshop on Writing Effective Conference Papers conducted by IIT, Mumbai, Feb 2012.
- Workshop on Research Methodologies in Computer Science & Engineering conducted by the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Anna University, Nov 2011.
- Data Analysis for Management Research using SPSS Department of Management Studies, Anna University, July 2010.
- STTP on NBA Accreditation for 5 days by NITTTR, Kolkata, April 2019
li>STTP on Problem-based Learning for 5 days by NITTTR, Kolkata, Feb 2019
- Awareness on Outcome based Education and SAR preparation, LICET, Aug 2018
- National Level Technical Seminar on Research Issues in Operations Management, Department of Industrial Engineering, Anna University, May 2008.
- 2 weeks FDP on Theory of Computations at SSN Engineering College in June 2007.
- A short-term training Programme on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic, sponsored by ISTE, conducted by RMKEC, June 2003.
Awards & Achievement
Recipient of Prof. T.R. Natesan Endowment Award and Silver medal for secured second position in M.E.
Research & Publications
- Sathia Priya R, ‘Indian Education System’, National Conference on Empowering India, conducted by SRM University, Feb 2007.
- Nancy Ashica A, Sathia Priya R, Vignesh K, “Image Compression using Autoencoder Neural Networks”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 9 Issue 3, March
- Daphne Sneha S, Princy KS, Sathia Priya R, “Data Anonymization of Bank Data using Suppression and Randomization”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 9 Issue 3, March 2020