I have done my Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Industrial Engineering. My area of interest includes Total Quality Management, Total Productive Maintenance and Performance Improvement.
- Teaching: 21 years
- Industry: 4.5 Years
Professional Body Membership
Life member in ISTE
FDP/ Seminars/ Workshops
- Five days workshops on “Attended a Five day workshop on Research Colloquium on Business and Social Sciences”, NIT TRICHY, Department of Management Studies, 29.11.2019 – 2.12.2019.
- Two week faculty development program (FDP201x) on Pedagogy for online and blended teaching-learning process, MHRD & IIT Bombay, Loyola –ICAM College of Engineering and Technology (LICET), Chennai, Online activity 14.9.2017 to 12.10.17.
- Two week faculty development (FDP101x) program on foundation program in ICT for education, MHRD & IIT Bombay, Loyola –ICAM College of Engineering and Technology (LICET), Chennai, Online activity 3.8.2017 to 7.9.17.
- Three day faculty development program on active learning, PAN IIT Alumni Leadership Series (PALS) Teaching Learning Centre, IIT Madras, Dec 01-03, 2017.
- Two day short term course on casting technology Valeo India Private limited, Loyola –ICAM College of Engineering and Technology (LICET), Chennai, 28.11.2017 to 29.11.2017.
- Two day short term course on plastic engineering Valeo India Private limited Loyola –ICAM College of Engineering and Technology (LICET), Chennai, 21.11.2016 to 22.11.2016.
- Five day coordinator workshop on “Engineering Mechanics” Ministry of HRD, Govt.of India IIT Bombay, Mumbai Sep.16-20, 2013.
- All India seminar on Emerging trends and future Perspective in Automobile Industry The Institution of Engineers (India) Convention hall, Tamilnadu state centre, Chennai June 15-16, 2012.
- International conference on “Advances in Industrial Engineering Application” Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Anna University, Chennai, Jan. 06 -08, 2010.
- A two day workshop on “Multi-Criteria Decision Making” Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Anna University, Chennai, Oct. 08- 09, 2009.
- A Short Term Training Program (STTP) on “Genetic Algorithm and Optimization Techniques” AICTE, Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai, Aug.19 –Sep.01, 2009.
- A two day workshop on “Kaizen – the stepping stone for innovations and inventions” AICTE, Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai, Mar.20-21, 2009.
- One day workshop on “Software Quality and Reliability” Centre for Faculty Development, Anna University, Chennai, Nov. 25, 2005.
- A three day workshop on “Innovations in teaching, effectiveness of teachers and counselling students for adjustment and performance” Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Hotel Radisson, Chennai, June 18-20, 2005.
- A three day workshop on “Research opportunities in Mechanical Engineering Sciences” Anna University Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam, Nov. 21-23, 2003.
- A Short Term Training Program (STTP) on “Entrepreneurship Development”, AICTE, Kongu Engineering College, Erode, Nov. 11 -23, 2002.
- A three day work shop on “Queuing & Reliability”, AICTE, Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai, July 26 -28, 2002.
- A Short Term Training Program (STTP) on “Damage Prevention of life enhancement of Industrial components by surface treatment”, AICTE, Sri Venkateswara college of Engineering, Chennai, Nov. 19 – Dec.01, 2001.
- National/ International Journals
Madhavan Pillai, E., Paul Robert, T. and Rajmohan, M. “Study on the influence of human factors on overall equipment effectiveness”, European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 53, No. 2, pp.179-192, 2011.
National/ International Conferences
- Madhavan Pillai, E. and Paul Robert, T. “Alternative Material Selection – A value Engineering Approach to achieve weight Reduction in Aerospace Application”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Applications in operations research, conducted by Asia Pacific Operational Research Society (APORS), held at Institute of Technology, NewDelhi, 2003.
- Madhavan Pillai, E. and Paul Robert, T. “Selection of maintenance policies and its impact in achieving effective equipment utilization in manufacturing and process industries”, Proceedings of the Operation Research Society of India Conference, in Heritage Institute of Management, Kolkata, 2007.
- Madhavan Pillai, E. and Paul Robert, T. “The impact of human factors in the calculation of overall equipment effectiveness in total productive maintenance”, Proceedings of the National Conference on Business Optimization Research Wave, NITIE, Mumbai, 2007.
- Madhavan Pillai, E. and Paul Robert, T. “Quality and Productivity”, National Conference on Quality Engineering and Management Proceedings, Kumuraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore, 2004.