Dr Antony Michael Raj has completed his PhD in the year 2007 in CEG, Anna University. He has over 27 years of academic experience. He has a demonstrated history of working in Education Management with extensive contributions in Learning and Development, Strategizing, Administration of Programs and Research. To his credit, he also has 3 years of Industry experience.
- Professor and Principal, Loyola ICAM College of Engineering and Technology (LICET), Loyola College Campus, Chennai.
- Professor and Head of Mechanical Engineering and the Vice Principal – Academic for 2 years, Easwari Engineering College Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai.
- Professor and Vice Principal – Academic for 8.8 years, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, SRM University, Ramapuram Campus, Chennai, India.
- Asst. Professor for 8 years in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai.
- Lecturer and Course Leader for 5 years – Linton Institute of Technology, (For Programs offered by Nottingham Trent University, UK), Ipoh, Malaysia.
- Lecturer, Hindustan Institute of Engg.Technology, Chennai, India.
- Graduate Engineer at Modi Steel Wire Manufacturing Company, Ambattur Industrial Estate, Chennai, India.
- Graduate Apprentice Trainee at the Vehicles Reconditioning unit of Tamil Nadu State Road Transport Corporation, India.
Professional Body Membership
- IEI (The Institution of Engineers, India) FELLOWSHIP – F 1152205
- ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education), Life Member -LM92007
- SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), Faculty adviser – 7130410019
- IIIE (Indian Institution of Industrial Engg), Senior Professional Member – SM 10432.
Guest Lectures Delivered
- Invited speaker on Project Scheduling Methods at National Level ISTE Sponsored STTP conducted by Saveetha Engineering College, Chennai, India.
- Invited speaker on Engineering Optimization and Optimum Design of Mechatronics and Machine Elements at National Level ISTE Sponsored STTP conducted by Tulsiramji Gaikwad-Patil College of Engg and Technology, Mohgaon, Nagpur, India.
FDP/ Seminars/ Workshops
- Participated in the workshop on ‘Outcome Based Accreditation Process and Parameters’ conducted by National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- Participated in the workshop on ‘Establishment of Entrepreneur Development Cells in Higher Educational Institutions in Tamil Nadu’, organized by the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
- One Year P.G. Diploma in Operations Research, Pondicherry University, India.
- Online 6 weeks Coursera Course completed with distinction on ‘Introduction to Operations Management’.
- Attended the Leadership Seminar series by ARISE.
Awards & Achievements
- Best Academic Administrator Award in the year 2015.
- Certified as Project Management Professional (PMP), by Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Certified as Learning and Development Manager, by Middle Earth HR.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, by Grey Campus.
Books/ Book Chapters Published
Co-Authored the book ‘Engineering Metrology’, published by Seon Publishers.
- Produced one PhD in SRM University and guiding another in Anna University.
National/ International Journals
- Michaelraj, L.A., Saravanan P., Satishkumar S., (2012) ‘Investigation on the Effects of Electrical Parameters and Tool Geometry over the Machining Responses in Electrical discharge Machining of Tatanium grade 5 Alloy’, Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 227(1) 119–131.
- Michaelraj, L.A., Saravanan P., Satishkumar S., Prabhakaran G., Dinakaran D. and Ilankumaran V. (2013) ‘Statistical Multi-objective Optimization of EDM Machining Parameters in Machining Titanium grade 5 alloy Using Graphite Electrode.’, Journal of Engineering Manufacture, Vol. 228 No.7 pp. 736 – 743.
- Michaelraj. L.A. and Shahabudeen P. (2006) ‘Optimization of distribution process in a continuous credit based consumer goods supply chain’, Int. J. Logistics Systems and Management, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 142 – 159
- Michaelraj. L.A. and Shahabudeen. P. (2007) ‘The Optimal Investment in FMCG Distribution Process with Continuous Delay of Payment’, International Journal of Logistics Economics and Globalization, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 34 – 48
- Michaelraj. L.A. and Shahabudeen. P. (2009) ‘Replenishment Policies for Sustainable Business Development in a Continuous Credit Based VMI Distribution System’, Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 56, No. 1, pp260 – 266.
National/ International Conferences
- ‘Influence Ranking of Process Parameters in Electric Discharge Machining of Titanium Grade 5 Alloy Using Copper Electrode’, Proceedings of ICRDPET, 2013, IEEE explore transactions, India 2013, p72-78 ISBN 978 -1-4673-4948-2 2013IEEE.
- ‘Credit Supply to the Indian Retailers in the Consumer goods Supply Chain – A Case Study’ presented at the International Conference on Logistics and Supply Chain Management, held at PSG Technology, Coimbatore, India (Aug. 2004).
- ‘A Survey on the Indian Retailers in the Distribution of Consumer Goods’ presented at National Conference on the Recent Trends in Manufacturing Modeling and Analysis’, St.Joseph’s College of Engineering, Chennai, India, (Feb. 2004).
- Presented the research paper ‘Optimization of Distributor Retailer Network with continuous credit supply of FMCG’ at the International Conference on Responsive Supply Chain and Organizational Competitiveness (RSC – 2004) – A Technology Watch, organized by the Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India Jointly with University of Massachusetts, USA., held at Coimbatore, India (Jan 2004).
- ‘Technical Education through the Information Highway New Challenges’ Published in the National Conference on Technical Education at Osmania University, Hyderabad (Sep. 2000).
- ‘A Survey of E-Commerce in India’ published at the National Conference on Technical Education at MNM Jain College of Engineering, Chennai (Nov.1999).
- ‘Computer Integrated Manufacturing – An Overview of its Implementation’ presented at Malaysian Science and Technology Congress ’97, sponsored by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment, Malaysia (Dec. 1997).