To offer unstinting support to the core departments to function effectively to achieve their vision and mission commendably.
Motivating and training the students to acquire skills in problem solving, logical reasoning, analysis and effective communication that culminates in societal need oriented projects and research.
- To lay firm foundation in basic sciences, which is indispensable for engineering and technology
- To groom the students all-round, that they turn out to be conscientious citizens of our country
- To achieve professional growth that consummates in research by imparting language skills and life skills along with technical skills
Lab Facilities (Apart from Curriculum)
Physics: Extending support to project and research work, system discovery.
Chemistry: Supports student project and research work of staff.
Ms R Nilavu, Assistant Professor/ English
- Has been a Resource Person for the Faculty Development Programme approved by Anna University, Chennai on the topic Making Grammar Lessons Interesting at Idhaya Engineering College for Women, Chinnasalem, Tamilnadu on 11th December 2014.
- Oriented the teachers of Loyola College of Education, Loyola Campus, Chennai on Self-Motivation and Emotional Intelligence on 2nd August 2013.
- Adjudicated Interschool Oratorical Competition conducted by Velammal Group of Institutions on 17th November 2018.
- Adjudicated Debating Competition at Good Shepherd Matriculation Higher Secondary School.
- Completed Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching of English (PGDTE) from English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad in November 2016.
- Completed Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching of English (PGCTE) from English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad in July 2014.
INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE & EXCHANGE PROGRAMME
- Visited ICAM, Lille, France as a part of one-month Summer Exchange Programme from 5th June to 4th July 2019.
- Has been part of Aptis Action Research Mentoring Scheme conducted by British Council and presented the research findings in the Classroom-based Research Festival, a Research Forum on 9th March 2019.
- Communication Skills Laboratory Manual, Vijay Nichole Imprints Pvt. Ltd. 2013
- Resources, Vijay Nichole Imprints Pvt. Limited & Tata McGraw Hill Pvt. Ltd. 2012. (ed.2)
- Completed a course in NPTEL on Soft Skills offered by IIT, Roorkee between July and September 2018 as Elite-Topper.
BEST PAPER PUBLISHED
- Participated in the Research Paper Writing Competition organized jointly by English Language Teaching Institute of Symbiosis and International ELT Weekly held online by ELT weekly.com in May – June 2013 and the paper has been selected as one among the best 23 papers for publication from approximately 120 papers.
- Published a paper titled Enhancing Writing Skills in Engineering Students: An ICT based Multimodal Approach through Google Classroom in International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research (IJSTR), Volume 8, Issue 12, December 2019. (ISSN 2277-8616)
- Published a paper titled Writing and Teaching Writing Skills: Some Strategies and Analysis in Our Heritage, Vol. 68 No.20 (2020) ISSN: 0474-9030
- Published a paper titled Use of Authentic Materials in ELT at the Tertiary Level in Engineering Colleges: Some Approaches and Experiments. International ELT Weekly Online.
- Presented a paper on “Implications of Applying Multimodal Approach in Teaching Writing Skills: Assessment and Analysis” on 13th and 14th December 2019 at the International Conference on English Language Teaching: Trends and Innovations at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai.
- Presented a paper on “Enhancing Writing Skills in Engineering Students: An ICT based Multimodal Approach through Google Classroom” in a Two-day National Conference on Innovations in Teaching ESL and Literature: The Present and the Future organized by the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences at National Institute of Technology, Warangal on 30th September and 1st October 2019.
- Business English Communication Workshop at The American Centre on 19th September 2018.
- Induction Workshop for a project under Aptis Action Research Mentoring Scheme at Anna University on 13th June 2018.
- Attended a workshop on Shy Learners and Speaking Skills: Banishing Fear and Building Confidence at Saveetha Engineering College on 31st January 2014.
- Attended the workshop on English and Employability in Industry – Training the Teachers of English in Engineering Colleges at LICET.
- Attended the workshop on Seven Activities for English Classes in Engineering Colleges on 22nd February 2013 at LICET.
- Participated in the one-day Faculty Development Program on Research Methodology & IPR organized by the Department of Humanities and Sciences, Rajalakshmi Engineering College in association with Institution’s Innovation Council (Ministry of HRD Initiative) on 30.11.2019.
- A two-day Faculty Development Programme on Ignatian Training and Learning Process at Paris by CEP Ignatien on 27th and 28th June 2019.
- Completed the Short-Term Training Programme through ICT Mode on NBA Accreditation organized by National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research, Kolkata from 22.04.2019 to 26.04.2019
- Attended an awareness workshop on National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) organised by LICET and CLASSLE on 3rd December 2012.
- Attended an FDP on Learning and Engaging Actively Through Facilitation on 6th November 2017 at LICET.
- Attended a Bridge Course FDP at Anna University on 22nd & 23rd June 2015.
- Attended a Bridge Course FDP at Anna University between 29th July and 30th July 2013.
- Attended a National Conference on Engineering Response in Climate Change on 15th and 16th January 2016 at LICET.
Mr A Mario Cassion Anand, Assistant Professor/ English
Mr A. Mario Cassion Anand, Assistant Professor, English attended a Fourteen day refresher course in English Language Teaching at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.
Ms S A Josephine, AP & Head, Department of Mathematics
- Presented a paper titled, ”Analysis of a discrete time Geo/ G/1 retrial queue with displacement and change of vacation times“ in the international conference AOSM’19 conducted in BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan during 28 – 30th December 2019.
- Attended an FDP for Student Induction (FDP – SI) conducted in Panimalar Engineering College during 27th to 29th August 2019.
- Participated in the faculty orientation programme in forming GenZ Engineers conducted at LICET on the 12th & 13th of June 2019.
- Attended an FDP on Short Term Training Programme on NBA Accreditation conducted at LICET during 22nd – 26th April 2019.
- Participated in the International conference on Advances in Applied Probability held at CMS College, Kottayam during 7th to 10th January 2019.
- Participated the IITB-201X, “Pedagogy for online and blended teaching – learning process course” conducted by IIT, Bombay during 30.10.’18 to 13.12.’18.
- Delivered an invited lecture on the applications of ODE in Alpha Arts and Science College on 12.12.2018.
- Participated in the IITB – 101X, “Foundation program in ICT for Education – autumn 2018” conducted by IIT, Bombay during 13.9.2018 to 18.9.2018.
- Presented a paper titled,” Analysis of a discrete time Geo/G/1 retrial queue with customer displacement and feedback” in the International conference on Cyber Physical systems ICCPS’18 held at RMKEC on the 20th of April 2018.
- Delivered an invited lecture on the applications of Matrices in Alpha Arts and Science College held on 17.7.2017.
- Participated in the HR formation ICAM Ignatian training and learning process conducted during summer 2017 in ICAM, France.
- Participated in the workshop, “Teaching Mathematics for engineering students: series – Transforms & PDE” conducted at LICET on 2.6.’17.
- Presented a paper titled, “ Analysis of an M/G/1 retrial queue with second optional service and customer feedback, under Bernoulli vacation schedule” in the international conference ICMCE – 2016 held at VIT, Chennai during the 16th & 17th of December 2016.
- Participated in the state level FDP on, “Discrete Mathematics & Graph Theory” conducted in KCG College of Technology, Chennai on 30.6.’16 & 1.7.’16.
- Participated in the international conference on, “Engineering response to climate change” held at LICET on the 15th & 16th of January 2016.
- Participated in the workshop titled, “Teaching Mathematics for engineering students” held at LICET on 30.10.2015.
- Participated in the international conference ICMAA – 2014 held at the university college of Villupuram during 15.12.2014 to 17.12.2014.
- Participated in theOrientation program on Bridge course conducted by Anna University for two days, on the 16th and 17th June 2014.
- Participated in the FDP on “Signals and Systems” conducted at LICET during 2.1.’14 to 12.1.’14.
- Participated in “Aakash for Education” held at LICET during 10.11.’12 to 11.11.’12.
- Rev Fr. Justine, Dean of students & AP, Department of Mathematics
- Reviewer of Mathematical methods in the Journal of Applied sciences for the year 2019.
- Participated in the FDP titiled, “Pedagogy for online and blender – teaching – learning process” conducted by IIT, Bombay during 30.10,’18 to 13.12.’18.
- Participated in the FDP titled, “Foundation Programme in ICT for Education” conducted by IIT, Bombay during 13.9,’18 to 18.10.’18.
- Participated in the one day workshop, “Teaching Mathematics for Engineering student – series, transforms and PDE” conducted in LICET on 2.6.2017.
- Participated in the one day workshop, “Teaching Mathematics for Engineering students” conducted in LICET on 30.10.2015.
- Participated in theOrientation program on Bridge course conducted by Anna University for two days, on the 16th and 17th June 2014.
Ms A Kirupa, Asst. Professor/ Department of Mathematics
- Attainted a ‘Workshop on Algebra and Number Theory’ 3 days (19.6.2019-21.6.2019) in Eshwari Engineering College, Ramapuram – Workshop was very informative, got few ideas about the new syllabus.
- Short term NBA training programme (22.4.’19 to 26.4.’19) in LICET, Nungambakkam, Chennai 34 was informative.
- Attainted a Faculty Orientation Programme – In Forming Gen Z Engineerings on 12.6.2019 and 13.6.2019 in LICET, Nungambakkam, Chennai 34 was informative.
- Attainted a workshop on ‘Teaching Mathematics for Engineering students – Series, Transforms and PDE’ on 2.6.2017 in LICET, Nungambakkam, Chennai 34 was informative.
- Attainted a workshop on ‘Teaching Mathematics for Engineering students’ on 30.10.15 in LICET, Nungambakkam, Chennai 34 was informative.
- Attainted a training program ‘Centre for Faculty Development’ on 22.6.2015 and 23.6.2015, in Anna University, Chennai was very informative.
- Attainted a workshop on ‘Aakash for Education’ on 10.11.2012 and 11.11.2012 in LICET, Nungambakkam, Chennai 34 was informative.
RESEARCH, PUBLICATIONS AND ACADEMIC CONTRIBUTIONS
- Presented a paper on ‘Intuitionistic k-Partitioned Fuzzy Graph’ in an International Conference on Integrated Knowledge towards Enriched Society conducted by Loyola College, Chennai-34 on 22nd and 23rd January 2020.
- Published a paper on ‘Balanced k-Partitioned Fuzzy Graph’ in International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering. ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-9 Issue-2, December 2019.
- Presented a paper on ‘Domination in Double Layered Fuzzy Graph’ in an National Conference on Mathematical Techniques and Applications-2019 conducted by SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur District, Tamil Nadu on 11th and 12th January 2019. Published in AIP Conference Proceedings 2112, 020117 (June 2019); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5112302.
- Presented a paper on ‘k-Partitioned Fuzzy Graph’ in an National Conference on Application of Number Theory, Graph Theory, Fuzzy Logic and Combinatorics in Engineering and Technology conducted at Sriram Engineering College, Perumalpattu, Chennai 602 024 on 1st March 2019.
- Presented a paper on ‘A Study on Differences in Judgment Based on a Civil Case Using Fuzzy Multiperson Decision Making Model’ in an International Journal of Computing Algorithm by Loyola College, Chennai-34 on 23nd to 25th January 2014. Published in International Journal of Computing Algorithm, Volume 03, Pg: 490-494, February 2014.
- Presented a paper on ‘A Study on the Problems Faced by Rural Tamil Medium Students in Professional Engineering College Using CETD Matrix’ in an International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks and e-Mathematical Learning by Loyola College, Chennai-34 on 23nd to 25th January 2012. Published in International Journal of Computing Algorithm, Volume 02, Pg: 184-189, October 2013.
Mr B Arulselvam, Asst. Professor/ Department of Mathematics
- Attended one day workshop on “Integral Education” on 3rd August 2019 at Integral Education.
- Attended short time training program through ICT on NBA accreditation, from 22/04/2019 to 26/04/2019, organised by NITTR, Kolkata.
- Attended teachers enrichment workshop for Mathematics teachers of Engineering college, from 26th November to 1st December 2018.
- Attended workshop on Linear Algebra 20, 21 June 2018 at Easwari engineering college, Chennai.
- Attended Program officers training for National Service Scheme on 19th August 2017 at Anna University, Chennai.
- Attended training programme on Disaster Management and first aid on 12/01/2017 organised by Disaster management authority, South range, Tamil Nadu.
- Attended state level workshop on Personality development and Foundation courses on 11, 12 March 2016 organised by Jesuit Madurai province higher education commission.
- Attended workshop on bridge course on Mathematics on 22, 23 June 2015, conducted by Anna University, Chennai.
- Attended one week faculty development program on Probability and random processes from 12th -18th December 2012 organised by centre for faculty development, Anna University.
Dr Tomy Scaria
Visited ICAM, Toulouse during Dec 13-19, 2014 under academic exchange programme.
Ms G KAVITHA, Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Humanities-Chemistry
- Paper published on “Potentiometric Studies Of Binary Complexes Of Capric Acid With Selective Transition Metal Ions In 50%Mixed Solvent Medium” in the Internation journal ‘Journal of computational and theoretical nano science’ in 2018.
- Paper published on “Potentiometric Studies Of Binary Complexes Of Transition Metal Ions With Lauric Acid” in the International journal ‘Oriental journal of Chemistry’ in 2018.
- Paper published on “Determination of Dissociation Constant and Stability Constants of Palmitic Acid complexes with selective Transition Metal Ions in Ethanol-Water Medium By pH-Metric Method” in the journal ‘International Journal of Science and Research’ in 2017.
- Paper published on “The pH-Metric Study Of Acetyl-Salicylic Acid Metal Complexes In Mixed Solvent Media” in the journal ‘Der Pharma chemica’ in 2017.
- Paper published on “The Effect Of Different Concentrations Of DMF-H2O On The Proton Ligand Dissociation Constant (pK) And The Stability Constant Of Mn-Glycine Complex” in the journal ‘International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science invention’ in 2014.
Papers presented/Participated in conferences
- Presented the paper titled “Synthesis, Characterization and biological studies of selective metal complexes of Lauric acid” in the National conference on Advances in Science, Humanities and Technology held during july 2019 organized by Saveetha school of Engineering, Chennai.
- Presented the paper titled “Potentiometric studies of binary complexes of transition metal ions with lauric acid” in the International conference on Recent Trends in Analytical Chemistry (ICORTAC-2018) organized by the University of Madras, Chennai during March 15-17,2018.
- Presented the paper titled “Potentiometric studies of binary complexes of capric acid with selective transition metal ions in 50% mixed solvent medium” in the Intermational conference on Advancements And Challenges In Chemical Sciences (ICACCS-2018) organised by Pachaiyappa’s college, Chennai in 2018.
- Presented the paper titled “Determination of Dissociation Constant and Stability Constants of Palmitic Acid complexes with selective Transition Metal Ions in Ethanol-Water Medium By pH-Metric Method ” and won the best paper award in the National conference (AIMEE-2017) organised by SRM university, Chennai in 2017.
- Participated in the two-day National conference on “Engineering Response To Climate Change” organised by LICET, Chennai in 2016.
Reasearch contribution/ Workshops attended
- Guided and coordinated the project team of III year mechanical students to carry out preliminary analysis (Sulfidic spent Caustic Treatment) for VEOLIA Water Technologies.
- Participated in the faculty orientation programme –IN-FORMING GEN Z ENGINEERS held at LICET in 2019.
- Competed the short term training programme through ICT mode on NBA Accreditation organized by NITTR, Kolkata, in April 2019.
- Participated in the two-day workshop on “Green Approach To Chemistry Practicals” organised by LIFE, Chennai in 2016.
Student’s achievements under guidance of the department Around 12 students, from the 1st year of LICET from various departments attended the CONVERGENCE’ 15, conducted by the Science & Humanities Department of SRI SAI RAM COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING on the 19th of March, 2015. The events included Paper presentation, Poster presentation, Quiz, and other Surprise Events. Our students participated in all the events and won prizes. The symposium had around 10 to 12 colleges from all over Tamil Nadu, among which LICET had the prominent number of prize winners. Below are the names of the participants from LICET.
- Cynthia Stephen-ECE Participated In Paper Presentation-Chemistry
- Infant Tona M-ECE Participated In Paper Presentation-Chemistry
- Manju Bhagavathy-ECE Participated In Paper Presentation-Chemistry
- Eugene Deborah-ECE Won First Prize In Paper Presentation-English
- Vidya Rajalakshmi-ECE Participated In Paper Presentation-Physics
- Rajkumar Rajavel-ECE Participated In Paper Presentation-Maths And In Surprise Event
- Leonard Vishal C-MECH-B Won Second Prize In Paper Presentation-Maths & Physics
- Sinita Maria Marcelina-MECH-B Won Second Prize In Paper Presentation-Physics
- Abhishek Mathew-MECH-A Won First Prize In Paper Presentation-Maths
- Jeshua Varun Tracy-EEE Won First Prize In Paper Presentation-Maths
- Febin Thomas M-IT Won Second Prize In Paper Presentation-Maths And In Surprise Event
- Jack Reuben-IT Won Second Prize In Paper Presentation-Maths And In Surprise Event
Workshop on Teaching Mathematics for Engineering Students
A one day workshop on ‘Teaching mathematics for engineering students’ was organized by the department of mathematics on 30.10.2015, in which 27 mathematics teachers as well as a few research scholars from several engineering colleges from all over Tamil Nadu took part.
The workshop commenced with an inaugural function, presided over by Dr Vijayalakshmi from VIT university, Chennai. The function began at 8.30 a.m. with a prayer song, invoking God’s blessings. Ms. S A Josephine, the head of the department of mathematics welcomed the gathering, followed by felicitations by the Director of LICET, Rev. Dr Francis Xavier SJ, the Principal, Dr Jose Swaminathan, and the Dean, Rev. Dr John Pragasam SJ.
The inaugural session was handled by Dr Vijayalakshmi from VIT University, Chennai on the topic, ‘Optimization Techniques’. It was interesting with very many life incidents as examples. The participants were very happy to learn the art of making their mathematics classes interesting to the students. The second session was lead by Dr Pavai from RMK engineering college, chennai. She dealt on the topic, ‘How to teach engineering mathematics interestingly’. It enabled the participants to infuse lots of day to day examples in their every day class room teaching.
The third session was dealt by Dr Shankar from Anna University, Chennai on the topic, ‘Teaching Calculus to the engineering students’. He covered the entire couse on Engineering Mathematics I. It was a kind of a revision for the participants. The fourth session was handled by Dr Indra Rajasingh from VIT University, Chennai. She dealt with the topic, ‘Fourier series and Fourier Transforms’. The session was so interesting with life time examples and models of Fourier series. The participants felt that the entire session was very useful with lots of new techniques and exmaples to teach Fourier series in a lively manner. The workshop came to a conclusion with a vote of thanks by Ms Kirupa of Mathematics department.
Report on Igniteen ‘19
The Student Induction Programme for the newly admitted students of B.E & B. Tech was organised from 24th July to 7th August, 2019. It was inaugurated on the 24th August. The programme began with a brief prayer ceremony followed by the formal inauguration in Bertram Hall, Loyola Campus. The dignitaries present for the occasion were Rev. Dr. Francis P Xavier SJ, Rector, Loyola Campus, Director, LICET, Principal, Deans of Students, Women Students, and Research, and Heads of various departments. Students and their parents were formally welcomed and introduced to the pedagogy of the Jesuits Education. The Director introduced the official team to the audience. Fr. Justine, Dean of Students and Dr. Antony Michael Raj Principal addressed the parents on the guidelines of LICET.